Polaris Public Equity (“PPU”) invests in listed companies taking a private equity approach when it comes to analysis and ownership. PPU focuses on the small- and midmarket segment, targeting companies with a market capitalization from EUR 75mn.
PPU primarily focuses on well-established, profitable companies with a strong market position. The companies are based in Northern Europe, mainly the Nordic countries and hold a local, regional or global potential for value growth.
The fund seeks minority investments in listed companies, often resulting in a significant shareholding. Committed to creating shareholder value, PPU utilizes the Polaris Excellence Model as a strategic toolbox for value creation.
In alignment with the investment philosophy, PPU practices long-only investments, and does not engage in short investments.
Take advantage of market inefficiencies
Significant resources and private equity methodology to invest in what we know
Drive value creation
Actively drive Polaris private equity excellence model
Issues in public markets
- Equity research focus on large cap
- Poor transparency in small- and midcaps
- Most public market investors do not have own research capabilities
- Fees not covering cost of analysis resources
- Poor governance in many small- and midcap companies
- Few professional and active owners
- Limited strategic resources in small companies
- Dedicated team with extensive experience of executing strategy
- Utilize resources of larger firm
- Process driven
- Industry expertise
- ESG framework and implementation skills
- Work together with other owners and management teams to drive private equity style value creation
- Focus on a few value levers with significant potential